PMR AFRICA Page 49 – 56
City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipal Area Survey has completed its annual survey on the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipal Area. The purpose of the survey is:
1. to profile the City of Johannesburg as a growth point and potential investment area for foreign and local developers and investors,
2. to measure companies, institutions and individuals on their contribution to the economic growth and development of the City, levels of managerial expertise and implementation of corporate governance,
3. to measure companies and institutions' competencies,
4. to measure brand awareness and
5. to measure the marketing efforts of companies and institutions.
The ratings are based on the perceptions of the respondents. The companies and institutions were rated against the following criteria: companies/institutions that have done most to enhance the economic growth and development of the City over the past 12 months, levels of managerial expertise, implementation of corporate governance, brand awareness and levels of innovation.
The respondents were asked to nominate and rate companies and institutions doing most in their respective sectors over the past 12 months to stimulate the economic growth and development of the City of Johannesburg and who have demonstrated exceptional managerial and corporate governance qualities during the same period.